Saturday, July 21, 2012

Farm yard Three!

I simply cannot believe that Lyla is now 3!
Where have the past three years gone?
Time flies when you're having fun, that's for sure.

Three years ago my life changed. I learned that one little girl can make a BIG BIG difference. She's made me look at the world with a whole new set of eyes.
I love differently.
I hold tighter.
I kiss more.
I cry a with joy and sadness.
I stop and smell the roses, and look at the ants.
I laugh daily.
I worry a lot.
I'm careful with everything.
I'm always on the lookout for hazards.
I'm the master of multi-tasking.
I have let go of many insecurities and I have new ones.
I've learned that a three year old can teach me more life lessons than most individuals can.

Well, to celebrate we did a lot of things, but my favorite was her Farm themed Birthday! As you may know, I love party planning and baking. It's simply fun!
Please enjoy some of the photos....



















































Credits due:

Invitation graphic design/water bottle design by Dimple prints.
Note: I did alter these invites with my own personal touch of additional card stock and ribbon, as well as personalized circle punches on the back of the invite.

Favor box design:  The Homespun Hostess
I filled the favor boxes with items from Oriental Trading Co. I also purchased the train whistles, bandanas and hats from them.
Buckets are from Michaels crafts and I put them all together with help from my wonderful sister in law, Erin!

The 3rd year banner made by myself, as well as all signs and the cute "l" frame. With most items the Silhouette was my best friend!
Making a banner for Lyla each year is a tradition, I can't wait until she's 18! See past banners here:
2nd Birthday
1st Birthday

The chalkboard sign was made by painting the wood frame with teal paint, using chalkboard spray in the center and at the end distressing it and topping a clear coat. Fun! We will re-use this all the time.
All other signs and decor were made by myself.

Baked goods: I made all the cupcakes and cookies from scratch. All vegan and the coconut recipe was gluten free! The small round vegan vanilla and strawberry cake made from scratch by myself as well as the bunting on top.
My talented father made the gluten free banana sheet cake.
Recipes from Chef Chloe

Good times: credits due to everyone that joined in the fun and my supportive family that doesn't judge me for loving to throw a good party.


 Photobucket

No comments: