Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dad

Can you resist this delight? My dad came over tonight with his arms full of goodies. Most importantly was my 4 year old wedding cake. I know, it sounds scary, but it's not! He's a professional baker and he has been the master at keeping this cake fresh since we got married. Our 4 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow and so, it's time, to pull out the yellow cake with guava and strawberry filling, buttercream frosting and my favorite purple little flowers. I snuck a bite and slipped one to my dad too... yummy! Believe it or not, there's not even a drop of frostbite! I'm so excited for our anniversary tomorrow. Not to mention in my dad's other arm was a homemade strawberry/rhubarb/apple pie that he made us with cut-out hearts around it. Now that's a dad for you! My wonderful loving creative mother also made us a 99% recycled card made with the original paper I created our invitations with. Now, that's where I get my creativity. My parents. Love it!

No comments: