Friday, August 5, 2011

Food, treats, yummies!

I heart baking.
I heart food.
I heart not worrying about what I eat, but that's just not the case.
I've got to make healthy meals for the whole family, and I don't make special meals just for Lyla.
She eats what we eat! 

Lyla's 4th of July meal, a version of ours...

Our 4th of July meal

I don't always have time to work out because I have my little gal around and she would prefer to jump on my stomach and back when I'm trying to do my Jillian Michaels ab workout. So typically I go for walks and workout on Wednesday nights.

I have hypoglycemia. So, my blood sugar gets really low and I start feeling dizzy, grumpy, irritable, light headed and down right HUNGRY! I mean so hungry I could eat a loaf of fluffy french bread with butter and be content.

With that said, I have to always eat small meals throughout the day.
I plan what I'm going to eat on my ten hour workdays and always pack a lunch and snacks. Some of my go-to items are THINK THIN bars, chobani greek yogurt and my salads. Sometimes I get sick of routine so I start browsing the web looking for ideas.

I recently found a great blog that I'm proud to follow.... Dashing Dish
I don't know Katie or how I found her page but she has some great healthy alternatives to the sugar packed foods I typically like to eat.

My goal for this week is to take some of her ideas into action! I think I'll pack three lunches at once instead of each night, that will save me time and allow me to cuddle up to my babes a bit more (Lyla and Jason, Rosie too!)
So far my favorite recipe is her Lemon blueberry muffins!
This is great for someone like me that can't eat a sugar packed muffin and for my daughter too!

My other favorite website that I've raved about is of course, Weelicious!
I love all the recipes with agave nectar instead of sugar.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share some of my finds with you. Now I'm getting hungry....
Happy weekend!
Enjoy, and cook/bake something fun for me this weekend!
xoxo
Ang



Photobucket

No comments: