Friday, March 18, 2011

The airport view

Isn't it crazy how there are so many people in this world with so many stories? We all have our own paths that we have created.

As I sit here in the San Francisco airport while I'm waiting for my delayed flight I've pondered many things.
Each person that walks past me (about 20-30 right now) has their own story. We are like little turtles just flowing through the airport. They may have a family that they are flying home to, or not. They may be single or married, or having an affair. Each person, so different and no one person is the same. Our skin, our hair, our religion, it's all so remarkably different.  Even if two identical twins walked by me (haven't seen that yet) they would each have their own story. I wish I could just sit in a booth and listen to their stories of travel, life, adventure, sorry, triumph, and love. I think we can all learn so much from one another.

When I was picking up my bag at the airport upon arrival there was a woman. She was quietly walking down the path pulling her bag. She had short blonde hair with glasses. She was wearing jeans and a sweater with a purse on her shoulder.  Her face was subdued. I didn't think much of the situation, or her for that matter. Then it happened. Two kids came running around the corner yelling "MOMMY MOMMY!" They were running so fast that their blond hair was flowing in the back. The dad (or so I assume) trailed behind with a smile on his face. Next thing, the mom wrapped the kids up in her arms and hugged them. Oh... I bet those hugs felt so good. So reassuring, so comforting, and just like love in a squeeze. In my head, that was the perfect end to her day.
I can't wait to come home and get my love in a squeeze! Yay! I even let a few tears slide down my face when I witnessed this public display of homecoming.

I think it's great to meet new people, hear their stories, and learn from them. That's part of the reason I type on this silly little blog of mine. I always hope that people can learn from my mistakes/triumphs/journeys. Or just enjoy a little bit of my life. It's such a big world out there!

I hope my flight isn't too delayed because I'm really having withdrawals from my family.

What I'm looking forward to?
  • Jason and his kindness and everlasting support.
  • Lyla's bouncing curls, kisses and hugs.
  • Rosies purring.
  • My big white comfy bed.
  • Wine at night with my hubby before bed.
  • My routine.
  • My job! I love it!
  • Exercising, and especially my Jillian Michael's videos.
  • Trying to exercise more and get fit for Hawaii.
  • Studying for my boards, finishing them, and PASSING them!
  • My life that I have created. It's great.


Photobucket

No comments: